Monday, October 22, 2012

1. Proposal

Perhaps because I saw the film Poltergeist at an impressionable young age, I became interested in hauntings and other paranormal phenomena. This fascination makes sense considering my Enneagram personality type: The Individualist. We are often interested in the metaphysical world, and like the character Fox Mulder in the television series The X-Files, we "want to believe" in the supernatural. I chose to research hauntings at the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas because I am staying at the hotel from November 1 to November 3 to attend the Community College Humanities Association Conference. My boyfriend John (who works in Dallas) told me that a co-worker of his shared rumors of this hotel being haunted. Before I stay at the hotel, I would like to conduct my own investigation into this topic so that I can be on the lookout for things that go bump in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment